What is the Program?
The Anthony Wayne Generals Travel Basketball Program exists for the purpose of creating an atmosphere and environment where young athletes within the Anthony Wayne school system can learn to compete at a high level while at the same time developing as young men.
Our purpose well be accomplished through:
- a thorough and fair evaluation and selection process
- Teaching the fundamentals of basketball, the value of hard work, the importance of discipline, and the life-long lessons of teamwork
- competing against high levels of competition within and outside of northwest Ohio
- at all times operating with integrity, character, honesty, and sportsmanship as we represent our families, school, and community
The travel season begins in late October/early November and ends in late February/early March. Individual coaching staffs determine when the season ends.
- It is FREE to try-out
- Registration for try-outs opens in May and closes before the first try-out date in September.
- Check for open registrations here.
- Try-outs are held in Late September/Early October (see registration for more details)
- It is AWGTB’s goal to field two 8 man teams for each grade level or 16 total players per grade. However, numbers may be adjusted up or down based on tryout numbers and overall talent.
- Practices will begin in late October/early November and continue through season end in late February/early March.
- Each team gets two practices per week on Mondays and Wednesdays at one of our local schools -- Waterville Primary, Whitehouse Primary, Monclova Primary, or Fallen Timbers Middle School.
- There are no practices if there is no school including Holiday breaks, parents teacher conferences, and snow days.
- DAYS: Almost all games are on Saturdays or Sundays. On rare occasions some tournaments may require teams to play Friday evenings.
- NUMBER OF GAMES: Our 3rd grade teams play approximately 15 games; 4th grade plays approximately 20, and 5th & 6th grade teams play approximately 30 games.
- LOCATION: In general, all games are played in the NW Ohio region, within 1.0 - 1.5 hour’s drive of AW.
AWGTB fees are all inclusive and pay for uniforms, referee fees, league & tourney fees, liability insurance, and AWGTB/AWYF administrative fees. No additional fees will be charged.
Interested in Coaching?
Leave your name and email in your child's try-out registration stating you would like to coach. You will be contacted prior to the first day of try-outs if coaches are needed.