What is the Program?
The program is designed to introduce boys and girls to lacrosse who are currently enrolled in Kindergarten through 8th grade and live in the Anthony Wayne School District.
This league extends from April to May, offers two practices/week, and games against other Toledo Area teams. Our volunteer parent coaches use the philosophies from our high school lacrosse programs to develop the skills necessary to play the game of lacrosse throughout the season -- cradling, passing, shooting, defense, etc. Focusing on the basics and applying them to a game setting is to prepare them for the organized lacrosse that continues into high school.
- Registration Opens in Mid February and closes in late March before the start of the season
- Check for open registrations here.
- Season runs from Late March to Late May. All activities are finished by Memorial Day Weekend.
- Players are assigned to teams during the last week of March. Parents will be notified of team placement prior to the first day of season in April
- BOYS TEAMS: K-2nd graders, 3rd and 4th graders, 5th and 6th, 7th and 8th graders will be placed on the same teams.
- GIRLS TEAMS: K-2nd graders, 3rd-5th graders, 6th-8th graders will be placed on the same teams. *Can vary pending number of girls in the program
- Practices will begin in Early April and continue through season end in late May. Each team gets two practices per week at the Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse, OH.
- Games are typically played on Sunday afternoons throughout April and May
- Game Locations: Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse, Pacesetter Fields in Sylvania, and Woodland Park in Perrysburg
- Boys: helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, stick, cup, cleats, mouth guard.
- K-2nd graders: Helmet will be provided by the program and is to be returned at the end of season. You can provide your own helmet if desired.
- 3rd/4th & 5th/6th graders: Can rent a helmet for the season to be returned at the end of season. **Dependent on sizes available. You can provide your own helmet if desired.
- 7th/8th graders: Can rent a helmet if size is available that will be returned at the end of the season. Recommend purchase of your own helmet.
- Girls: goggles, stick, cleats, mouth guard.
- All players will be given reversible jersey for the season that will be returned to the program at season end
Program fees include league fees, field rental/maintenance fees, team practice balls, team first aid kits, liability insurance, administrative fees, and coaches background checks.
Interested in Coaching?
Leave your name and email in your child's registration stating you would like to coach or contact us. You will be contacted prior to the start of the season.