What is the Program?
The program is designed to introduce boys, who are currently enrolled 5th-8th grade and live in the Anthony Wayne School District, to a higher level of lacrosse that will prepare them for organized lacrosse that continues into high school. Our volunteer parent coaches use the philosophies from our high school lacrosse programs to develop the skills necessary to play the game of lacrosse at an advanced level throughout the season -- cradling, passing, shooting, defense, etc.
The travel season begins in Early January and ends in late May. Season will end prior to Memorial day weekend.
- It is FREE to try-out!
- Registration for try-outs opens in Early May of the PREVIOUS YEAR and closes before the first try-out date in Early June (see registration for more details)
- Ex: 2022 spring season try-outs are held in May 2021
- Check for open registrations here.
- If your child makes the team, all player fees are due by the end of July of the Previous Year.
- Ex: 2022 spring season fees are due by end of July 2021
- It is AWYLAX’s goal to field one 18-20 man teams for each grade level, 5th/6th and 7th/8th. However, numbers may be adjusted up or down based on tryout numbers and overall talent.
- Practices will begin in Early January and continue through season end in late May.
- In January-March, each team gets 2 practices per week at Total Sports in Rossford or Perry Fieldhouse in Bowling Green pending available space.
- In April-May, each team gets two practices per week at the Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse, OH.
Winter Box Lacrosse
- All players will be entered into the Total Sports Winter Box Lacrosse League that is played on Sundays in January & February.
- This league offers the opportunity to play with other Toledo Area athletes and experience different styles of play to further develop their skills.
- This league is included in your team fees.
- Each team gets around 20 games per season
- This includes: 3-4 One day out of town tournaments and periodic week day games.
- Game Locations in the area: Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse, Pacesetter Fields in Sylvania, and Perrysburg
- Boys: helmet, shoulder pads, elbow pads, stick, cup, cleats, mouth guard.
- Uniform will be purchased separately from the program fees. This uniform can be worn year after year.
Program fees include indoor field time, indoor winter box lacrosse league, shooting shirt, tournament fees, referee fees, field rental/maintenance fees, team practice balls, team first aid kits, liability insurance, administrative fees, and coaches background checks. ****Uniforms are a separate cost but can be reused yearly.
Interested in Coaching?
If you are interested in coaching our 5th/6th or 7th/8th grade boys please contact us. You will be contacted prior to the start of try-outs.