What is the Program?
The program is designed to introduce boys to football who are currently enrolled in Kindergarten through 6th grade and live in the Anthony Wayne School District. This is a non-contact football league.
This league extends from August to October, offers 1-2 practices/week, and games against other Anthony Wayne teams. Our volunteer parent coaches develop the skills necessary to play the game of football throughout the season -- passing, catching, stance, plays, defense, etc. Focusing on the basics and applying them to a game setting is to prepare them for the organized football that continues into contact football and junior high school.
- Registration Opens in Early June and closes in mid July
- Check for open registrations here.
- Season runs from Early August to Late October.
- Players are assigned to teams during the end go July. Parents will be notified of team placement prior to the first day of season in August
- Team placement and grade divisions will be dependent upon number of registrations in the program
- The goal of the program is to have even teams for each grade group taking age, skill, and size into team placement consideration.
- Practices will begin the first week of August and continue through season end in late October. Each team gets 1-2 practices per week at the Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse, OH.
- Some practices may be on other fields within the Anthony Wayne School District.
- Games are typically played on Saturday mornings and start the first weekend after Labor Day
- Game schedule consists of 6 weekends and ends in late October
- Game Locations: Blue Creek Recreation Area in Whitehouse
- Required equipment: Mouthguard
- Recommended equipment: Cleats, football
- All players will be given reversible jersey for the season that is theirs to keep as it is included in the registration fee.
- Flags, footballs, and first aid equipment will be brought to each practice and game by the coach and will be returned at the end of each season.
Program fees include league fees, field rental/maintenance fees, jersey, team practice balls, team first aid kits, liability insurance, administrative fees, and coaches background checks.
Interested in Coaching?
Leave your name and email in your child's registration stating you would like to coach or contact us. You will be contacted prior to the start of the season.